30 Rockefeller Plaza 30ROCK Bldg. New York, NY 10112
DevOps Engineer – Linux & AWS - 12 month W2 Contract
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also an experienced DevOps Engineer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the News Industry?
ektello is looking for an DevOps Engineer with Linux System Admin experience in the New York City area to join our client’ s Platform Engineering Team, supporting a diverse collection of applications ranging from crew logistics to archives to specialized applications supporting major breaking news events.
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING:
- This position will be responsible for building out and improving the reliability and performance of our existing on-premises and cloud applications in AWS along with launching new applications and infrastructure with a focus on automation, availability and performance.
- Requires strong experience with Red Hat-based Linux and other open source technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Requires familiarity with basic networking concepts, DNS, load balancing, etc.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extraordinary problem solving skills.
- Serve as on-call escalation resource for support teams, involving on-site coverage during normal business hours as well as on-call support before/after normal working hours
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience installing and configuring Red Hat based Linux distributions
- Able to perform general Linux OS maintenance tasks: user management, server management, patch management
- Work closely with other team members to meet team goals and deadlines
- Experience supporting Red Hat installations in an enterprise context
- Linux system performance analysis, tuning and troubleshooting
- Writing documentation and using wiki based tools like Confluence
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working as an individual as well as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel
- Able to work 24/7 to provide phone and in person support and travel occasionally for offsite upgrades and training and professional development opportunities
- Demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis, organization and escalation
Ideally, the candidate will also have experience with the following:
- Red Hat certification or equivalent experience/expertise
- Experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
If this is you, apply now to have a conversation!