Diagnostic Systems Engineer - Diagnostic Modeler
30001 Van Dyke Ave Warren, MI 48092
Diagnostic Systems Engineer / Modeler (#6530)
The Diagnostic Systems Engineer / Diagnostic Modeler will model diagnostic objects and signals in Rhapsody, following DOORS requirements and pertaining rules for correct diagnostic information for ODX generation out of Rhapsody Models. The Diagnostic Modeler shall understand Functional Partitioning and Allocation (FPA) and relevant Diagnostic specifications and ODX format for correct modeling and linking of the diagnostics to System Components that are deployed to ECUs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model Diagnostic Objects (DIDs, RIDs and DTCs) in Rhapsody following requirements documented in DOORs.
- Manage Diagnostic Objects and Signals by Domains in the Diagnostic Library in Rhapsody performing baselining and propagation of diagnostic objects/signals for different architecture product lines.
- Analyze DOORs Diagnostic Requirements and perform rationality assessments of these requirements working with Sub-System Lead engineers in properly defining these requirements.
- Interact with FPA (Functional Partitioning and Allocation) engineer to have the properly modeling of System Signals and System Components that will be linked to the Diagnostic Objects and Signals in the Diagnostic Library in Rhapsody.
- Evaluate ODX reports and other diagnostic reports to assert correct deployment of diagnostics to ECUs.
- Work in RTC (Rational Team Concert) to upload DSD (Diagnostic System Design spreadsheet), understand diagnostic requests, approve ballots and close work tickets following GM internal process for CRs (Change Requests).
- Keep good interaction and communication with Domain Architects and System Owners and update status of the CRs assigned to you as Diagnostic Modeler.
- Work with the Tools team in creating additional reports or scripts to ensure quality of the diagnostic modeling and of the diagnostic library as a whole.
- Stay abreast with UDS diagnostic requirements and AUTOSAR software diagnostic modules.
- Study GM specifications and Standard Utility Modules used for diagnostics using AUTOSAR/UDS
- Assure 100% quality output for the diagnostics under your responsibility.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR and UDS diagnostics
- Basic knowledge of the major diagnostic parameter elements including RIDs (Routine Identifiers), Data Identifies (DIDs), Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Control Parameter Identifiers (CPIDs) and Parameter Identifiers (PIDs)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Programming Skills in C#, C++, Java and/or Visual Basic
- Basic knowledge of major automotive subsystems
- Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic circuit operation
- Ability to coordinate and complete tasks per a release schedule
- Familiarity with RTC (Rational Team Concert), IBM DOORs and Rhapsody
- Familiarity with ODX (Open Diagnostics data eXchange format)
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Experience developing Diagnostic requirements, implementations, or service tools for Automotive electrical systems
- Experience developing Service procedures for automotive electrical systems
- Experience using the following tools: Vector CANDela Studio, IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Synergy, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert
- Experience with the following key technologies and/or methodologies: UML, XML, ODX
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)