Diagnostics Software Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer II
29755 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Diagnostic Software Engineer
Develop Software Components for MY22, MY23, and MY24 Diagnostics.
This Diagnostics Software Engineer in infotainment will handle Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTCs), Diagnostic Command IDs (DIDs), Process Command IDs (PIDs) and design and develop all of this functionality and enhancements for this OEM' s Infotainment systems.
- Embedded SW development using C/C++; Java and scripting languages (Python & Shell) are preferred
- Automotive Electronics SW Experience (Diagnostics and CAN exp.) preferred
- Design patterns, architecture, system level view of SW in vehicle for infotainment or other domains
- Must have five (5) years of experience and involvement in designing 3+ products
- Education: Bachelors degree (Masters preferred)
- Lead Diagnostics Fault Management
- Work with System architects and System Engineers from 50+ other ECUs to define and finalize all possible faults (DTCs, DIDs, PIDs) that can happen in 20M+ lines of code that goes in our radios.
- Design, develop, program and log software diagnostics & software faults
- Lead a variety of software and ECU testing, including unit testing, integration testing, bench end to end testing and in-vehicle test
- Lead Diagnostics Command and Programming Interfaces
- Prepare the vehicle for programming events in dealership, Over the Air (OTA), Remote Reflash/Remote Diagnostics and Back-Office connected diagnostics Event
- Program using diagnostics electrical signals and software to put vehicle in right state, manage transitions for pre-programming, program steps and post-programming cleanup. Design develop and test entire sequence and update ECUs.
- Develop software in C/C++ (For our QNX based platforms), Java (for our Android based platforms) and other scripting languages such as Python or Shell.
- Lead Diagnostics for manufacturability: During the assembly of new vehicle thousands of parts come together and they need tested. This Diagnostics SW Engineer will write SW that will be exclusively executed for the manufacturing line.
- Consider quality and safety critical functionality and understand electrical and computing risks that arise from working on Embedded System
- Responsible for delivering output such as filling DFMEA (Design for Failure Mode Analysis), Requirements Traceability, White-box and Black-Box testing plans, Test Reports and support any plant and manufacturing issues.
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: 6+ month contract