Diagnostics Software Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer III
29755 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Diagnostics Software Engineer
Develop Software Components for MY22, MY23, and MY24 Diagnostics. This Diagnostics Software Engineer in infotainment will handle Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTCs), Diagnostic Command IDs (DIDs), Process Command IDs (PIDs) and design and develop all this functionality and enhancements for our OEM client Infotainment.
- Lead Diagnostics Fault Management
- Work with System architects and System Engineers from 50+ other ECUs to define and finalize all possible faults (DTCs, DIDs, PIDs) that can happen in 20M+ lines of code that goes in our radios.
- Design, develop, program and log software diagnostics & software faults
- Lead a variety of software and ECU testing, including unit testing, integration testing, bench end to end testing and in-vehicle test
- Lead Diagnostics Command and Programming Interfaces
- Prepare the vehicle for programming events in dealership, Over the Air (OTA), Remote Reflash/Remote Diagnostics and Back-Office connected diagnostics Events
- Program using diagnostics electrical signals and software to put vehicle in right state, manage transitions for pre-programming, program steps and post-programming cleanup. Design, develop, and test entire sequence and update ECUs.
- Develop software in C/C++ (for our QNX based platforms), Java (for our Android based platforms) and other scripting languages such as Python or Shell.
- Lead Diagnostics for manufacturability: During the assembly of new vehicle thousands of parts come together and they need tested. This Diagnostics SW Engineer will write SW that will be exclusively executed for the manufacturing line.
- Consider quality and safety critical functionality and understand electrical and computing risks that arise from working on Embedded System
- Responsible for delivering output such as filling DFMEA (Design for Failure Mode Analysis), Requirements Traceability, White-box and Black-Box testing plans, Test Reports and support any plant and manufacturing issues.
- Bachelor' s degree in an Engineering discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in Embedded SW development using C/C++/QNX (emphasis on SW Development)
- Android experience a plus
- Automotive Electronics SW Experience (Diagnostics and CAN exp.) preferred
- Design patterns, architecture, system level view of SW in vehicle for infotainment or other domains
Location: Warren, MI (Candidates will work remotely at first. However, must be able to be on-site when approved to return to the assigned work location.)
Duration: 12+ month W2 Contract
Work Schedule: ***Candidates only approved 32 hours per week at this time.***