Digital Video Editor
30 Rockefeller Plaza 30ROCK Bldg., New York, New York 10112
Digital Video Editor
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Digital Video Editor looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for Digital Video Editor’ s for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Manage the creation of digital-first video products for a variety of social, digital and OTT platforms.
- Develop new video styles and products to leverage multiple platforms.
- Actively monitor a variety of video sources to identify content that would appeal to our audience.
- Identify buzz-worthy stories and, at times, write those stories for our client’ s New York digital platforms.
- Write for our client’ s New York platforms when appropriate and backup web producers as needed
- Develop best practices and action items from metrics data.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of digital multimedia trends and innovation, including monitoring direct competitors as well as what’ s next in the space.
- Coordinate with our client’ s Local Integrated Media lead to ensure best practices
- Minimum 1 year of multimedia experience at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Proficient with video tools and platforms including Adobe Premiere, Facebook and YouTube
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of TV and web writing
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Experience in editing video for TV and web
- Experience in a news environment
- Experience with Clickability, Social Flow, Spreadfast, Crowd Tangle and Urban Airship a plus
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player mentality
- Mentoring, training and inspirational leadership abilities essential