Digital Video Producer
100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, CA 91618
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a video producer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for Digital Video Producer for one of our top multimedia clients in San Francisco, CA! Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
Our client is seeking an experienced video producer to join the growing technology team in the San Francisco bureau. This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of video production – and possess a unique storytelling voice. The candidate will be developing short documentary-style video stories tailored for mobile, social and digital audiences. Editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience is necessary.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field— and produce strong journalism from his/her desk, using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments. The digital producer will be asked to pitch and create engaging videos and will assist other producers/reporters to shoot and edit a myriad of stories. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with particular attention to technology and business news will be considered first.
• 5+ years of experience shooting, producing and editing digital/social native video in an online or television media environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and DSLR and cinema camera shooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Strong understanding of current events and technology news
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copywriting/video annotation skills a must
• Script and/or voice-over writing
• Highly collaborative, a strong communicator and creative
• Shoot and edit original video content including (but not limited to) day-of stories, features, premium content and weekly video franchises/series for use on all client platforms
• Edit snappy, well-paced original videos using social best practices targeting Facebook, Twitter and related platforms
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate' s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Ability and willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours like nights and weekends when needed
• Masters degree in journalism or film production
• Photography experience
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus