Direct, Talent Acquisition
85 Challenger Rd Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Director, Talent Acquisition
**Location can be either Plano, TX or Ridgefield Park, NJ**
Our client is seeking a creative, disciplined, and strategic leader to join their People Team as the Director of Talent Acquisition. The team consists of 3 Managers and 2 senior level recruitment program managers and is split across 3 major locations supporting all key functions at both the executive, non-executive and college (University Relations) levels. All 5 RFT staff will report into this role.
Our client’ s view is that recruiting as a specific type of marketing and believe each role should have a strategy that is a blend of best practices and unique initiatives. The senior level leader that assumes this role should have strong business acumen and is required to be intimately aware of the needs of each executive team member and the business as a whole; which means that each role has a unique process and approach. The best candidate will apply a blend of design thinking, marketing, data analytics, and strategy in their problem-solving.
CORE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop thoughtful and measurable recruitment strategy and processes across the entire business (engineering, sales & marketing, product management, operations (SCM/Logistics), business development and business management)
- Collaborates closely with the Executives and Managers to provide thought leadership for executive recruiting philosophies, processes, tools and tactics.
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization and process, including analytics, dashboards, and ATS, and a culture of continuous improvement using data insights to shape our operational roadmap and priorities
- Create training programs and ways of working with hiring managers and interviewers that continually improve their capabilities
- Coordinate with external recruiters, including negotiating agreements, and providing feedback to fine tune searches
- Partner with HR leaders and hiring managers across businesses and brands to deliver exceptional recruiting services in support of the overall objective to recruit top talent
- Partner with other leaders to execute on our Diversity & Inclusion priorities and drive recruiting-related initiatives that make the organization a great place to work for all talent
- Train managers on recruitment and selection process. Receive, catalog, distribute and file resumes via applicant tracking database
- Leverage technology throughout our entire hiring progress to continually improve the productivity of our hiring managers and recruiting team
- Execute Strategic Growth projects in support of long-term vision goals
- Benchmark industry competitors introducing intelligence into the ways of working and overall operation to drive TTF and other key indicators of success
- Identify trade and or professional conferences to strategically recruit and brand the business in the marketplace
- 15-20+ years in recruiting for roles ranging from entry-level to executive in high-growth environments, with significant recruiting leadership experience and 5+ years of managing managers/leads; 10-15+ years in managing recruitment talent in geo-dispersed settings.
- Ability to grow global strategies and thinking about recruiting priorities 3-5 years ahead
- Experience developing selection questionnaires, developing training programs, leadership development programs, implementing performance review process, conducting & analyzing employee satisfaction surveys, and providing consultation regarding organization structure and employee relations
- Collaborates and leads large cross-departmental projects/initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting to senior leadership teams
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don' t know it already (e.g., google docs, google drive, applicant tracking systems)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time
- Tremendous emotional intelligence and great judgment make you a trusted partner of business leaders, an inspirational leader to your team, and a trusted coach to senior candidates
- You are a hunter at heart, and know how to create programs and strategies that ensure gets to know and attracts the best talent out there before they are even actively searching
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization.
- Leading - proven ability to manage, mentor and develop a team of recruiters
- Strategy - comprehensive knowledge of current HR/talent, and the ability to think outside of what’ s been done before to come up with the best solution
- Adaptability - ability to learn/flex and adapt to changing business needs
- Divergent thinking - creative problem solving, ability to know the environment, and effectively use company resources to draw conclusions
- Iterating - Experience building or executing iterative hiring processes at high growth tech companies is a plus
- Analytical mindset- using data to tell stories and drive decisions; you seek to understand and solve a problem, you instinctively ask for the data. You are fluent with recruiting analytics and how to build and improve systems and processes around them
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Psychology, Marketing or a relevant discipline; Masters preferred.