Director, Project Manager
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, FL 32819
Are you familiar with one of the world' s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a director looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for a Director, Project Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, FL. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
You will lead the Project Management team to increase the quality of work, speed to market, throughput and overall performance of the in-house creative agency. The primary responsibility is to oversee the PM team providing senior-level guidance on all work through the agency, from conception through tactical execution and maintenance, including scoping, estimating, timelines, budget management, and necessary approvals.
The director acts as the senior internal agency advocate for all internal accounts, monitoring and communicating program scope creep as well as recommendations for prioritization to marketing and sales leadership. The director works closely with Creative, Resource Management, Brand and Finance to facilitate monthly client partner bill-backs and agency write-offs.
Agency Workflow Process Management
• Supports VP MarComm Ops and Sr. Director Resource Management in the development of Marketing and Sales defined workflows, balancing speed to market, channel-specific needs and best practices, the creative process and industry best practices
• Advocates and enforces successful implementation and ongoing updates of marketing and sales defined workflows
• Aligns process timelines and SOPs with internal agency and external departments (IMCD, Partnerships, Brand Management/IMC, PR, etc.)
• Ensures campaign architecture structure meets Financial, Account Segment/Channel and Project Management needs
• Ensures project architecture structure meets Project Management needs, as well as Creative and Channel-needs
• Identifies and addresses bottlenecks and repetitive effort preventing efficient flow of work through agency
• Provides timely and transparent communication of business-critical mandatories and expected timelines to achieve speed to market goals and mandatory requirements (Licensed Partners, Legal, Production, etc.)
• Ensures alignment of Workflow and architecture documentation and templates in Workamajig
Agency Annual Workflow Planning
• Drives Annual Planning and Budgeting process
• Works with Brand team to scope and ballpark costs for annual MarComm programs and campaigns
• Ensures alignment between annual budget and MarComm Plan budget
• Recommends ideal Agency outsourcing based on Annual MarComm Plan
• Works with Brand team to revise MarComm scope after finalized budgets
Program Administration + Lifecycle Management
• Oversees successful facilitation of conception through tactical development and execution of all marketing and sales programs from estimation through launch and maintenance while ensuring they are delivered on quality (tactical), on-time and budget
• Works with Resource Manager on assigned work forecasts and outsourcing option recommendations to present to leadership
• Aligns with Brand and Creative on management and prioritization of SCR agenda requests for campaign and project creative presentations
• Manages monthly progressive bill-backs and write off process
• Reviews and approves labor write-offs with Sr. Director
• Administer Look Back, Look Forward meetings at campaign completion with respective teams and present PM retrospective document
• Regularly reports out the status of overarching client/program budgets + schedules to leadership
• Ensures regular status + planning meetings are successfully carried out with PM teams and respective internal clients
• Ensures PM team schedules are up to date and accurate for critical resourcing
• Facilitates weekly PM production meetings
• Works directly with Resourcing Manager, Sr. Director Resource
• Management and VP MarComm ops to prioritize Agency projects, identifying trade-offs and schedule delays
• Oversees development and facilitation of ongoing process and systems training for the PM discipline, including all relevant industry best practices
• Oversees development of Program Managers and supports them in developing their teams, including training plans, growth opportunities, and ongoing mentor-ship and guidance
• Sets the example and holds the team accountable to the behaviors defined in the client culture expectations
• Facilitates performance evaluations and development plan guidance per client policies for all assigned direct reports
• Manages department assignments to maximize utilization and balance workloads
Agency + Vendor Management
• Ensures SOW and estimates are obtained and approved for agency and vendor related work and are within the budgeted scope of campaign or project
• Manages production and approval timelines to ensure business-critical milestones are documented, communicated to appropriate teams, and achieved
• Manages external agency budget to actual and provides ongoing updates to CMO
• Ensure all program outside costs accurately represent in WMJ
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of multiple, concurrent projects simultaneously.
• Expert knowledge of Creative, Advertising, Media and Production Timelines.
• Ability to build cases to top management and peers in support of resources ROI.
• Ability to find and apply innovative project management solutions.
• Extensive experience with or customized development of project management workflow tool/software (Workamajig – preferred; Basecamp, Workfront, MS Project, etc.)
• Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
• Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team and peers towards a common goal.
• Proficient in MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising or related field.
• 10+ years of progressive experience at a high volume marketing agency or in-house creative services department.
• Proven track record of managing a team of 10 or more direct reports responsible for overseeing the development and tactical execution of large marketing programs/campaigns.
• Preferred candidates will have experience with travel tourism or entertainment industries and proven track record with navigating complex approval processes and co-operative marketing program implementation.