ETL Developer - DataStage
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, FL 32819
ETL Developer – DataStage
Do you want to be part of one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information as an ETL Developer? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
** This is a W2 Contract to Hire opportunity! **
The ETL Developer will be supporting Marketing and Financial data integration environments. This role requires “ hands-on” Data integration (ETL) knowledge and skills, preferably in SSIS and/or DataStage in order to support the data flows that get the key customer and financial information from sources systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Monitor and maintain all the customer and financial data processes such as match/merge, data profiling, standardization and data enrichment.
- Ensure system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams.
- Provide work estimates as needed. Facilitate and lead meetings with end users.
- Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex Marketing and/or Financial data environment.
- Proven technical expertise in MS SQL, SSIS and Visual Studio tools with TFS integration developing in a data warehouse environment; equivalent experience in Datastage, Informatica or alternate enterprise ETL platforms would be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Previous experience as an ETL developer with strong data architecture knowledge around data warehousing concepts, SQL development and optimization, and operational support models.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise best practices around operational support models, data security and environment/deployment strategies.
- Experience with one or more databases such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle etc.
- Strong SQL knowledge; able to write and read complex SQL. Knowledge of indexing and explain plans.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models.
- Experience with customer identification and address standardization processes; including partnering with 3rd Party vendors that offer services in these areas a plus.
- Experience with tools and customer data processes such as match/merge, data profiling, standardization and data enrichment a plus.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Able to partner and collaborate with business partners; setup and hold meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science.