ETL Software Developer
21333 Haggerty Rd Novi, Michigan 48375
ETL Software Developer
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering our client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
The ETL Software Developer is responsible for the hands-on implementation of the data warehouse project lifecycle from start to finish. This includes collaborating with team members to build data models from business requirements, ETL development, assisting with QA, code deployment and ongoing support/maintenance. They will also be responsible for assisting with defining data standards and supporting the overall data warehouse environment.
- Provides analysis, design and development services using the Microsoft SQL Server Technologies (e.g. Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services).
- Translates client requirements into written form and transforms them into specifications/data models that can be utilized in corporate reports as well as end user self-service reporting.
- Creates and implements data models using standard development practices and data warehouse architecture methodologies.
- Performs data analysis and modifies or recommends changes in the database to enhance reporting performance and usability.
- Provides recommendations according to industry best practices and enforces naming conventions for database objects.
- Presents development activities in regular code review and provides feedback to peers.
- Participates in production support activities as needed, including being part of regular on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’ s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; required.
- 5+ Years creating Enterprise Data Warehouse models with Erwin or WhereScape 3D using standard data warehouse methodologies.
- 10+ Years of in-depth Microsoft SQL development experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment, optional.
- Must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, all essential functions of the job.
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Proficient time management, organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Capable of working independently without close supervision.