Electric Drive Software Engineer
7111 E. Eleven Mile Rd - Warren Company Vehicle Operations Warren, MI 48092
Electric Drive Software Engineer (#6473)
Development of application software for electric drive used in hybrid, fuel cell and electric vehicle applications
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze feature and function requirements, evaluate function partitioning and allocation scenarios, and establish the primary design direction of software elements in the system.
- Review functional requirements documented in Subsystem Technical Specifications (SSTS) and provide feedback to requirements authors improve clarity or consistency with established requirements strategies.
- Develop System Design decompositions of electrical features and functions comprehending system constraints, cost / resource optimizations, robustness, and implementation complexities.
- Create and maintain the system design documented trough UML Model for assigned subsystems using the Rhapsody tool according to the established release schedule.
- Execute Infrastructure application software modeling at AUTOSAR application level
- Provides input data set for Network Engineering and ECU Software configuration.
- Review Node/Feature report output from UML Model extraction script to verify correct information prior to delivery to Network Engineering team.
- Collaborate with Architecture Analysis team to execute required analyses related to time latency, BUS bandwidth and overall feature performance
- Implement software for electric motor controls
- Work as part of a diverse team of professionals supporting component development and subsystem and vehicle integration
- Perform simulation of software operation in a virtual prototype environment
- Support implementation and integration of software into controllers for electric motor controls
- Support testing, development and calibration in laboratory and dyne facility environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes incomplete requirements
- Ability to provide independent review and verification of software written by others
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point)
- 1-year experience in IBM DOORs and Rhapsody
- Awareness of automotive electrical components and/or systems
- 2 years’ Experience developing UML-based system and/or software models
- Experience of embedded software engineering practices, structured analysis and design methodologies, and object-oriented concepts
- Experience of major automotive electrical subsystems (Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Infotainment, Safety etc.)
- Ability to coordinate and complete tasks per a release schedule
- Ability to identify non-compliance to standards and resolve the issues
- Ability to verbalize problem statements as well as suggested enhancements
- Experience in ANSI Standard C programming
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience in automotive or industrial firmware development preferred
- Experience in electric motor control software development preferred
- Experience with CAN, GMLAN, SPI interfaces preferred
- Experience with Motorola/Freescale PowerPC processors, Spanish Oak and Snake families preferred
- Experience with embedded compiler and debugging tools and software, Canalyzer, Lauterbach, ETAS INCA preferred
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and autocoding preferred
Education and/or Training: BSEE, Computer Science or Math preferred
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12 + months)