Electro-Mechanical Product Test Technician
11819 N. Pennsylvania St. Carmel, IN 46032
Electro-Mechanical Product Test Technician – Direct Hire, W2 ONLY
The Electro-Mechanical Product Test Technician is responsible for precisely performing mechanical, electrical, and environmental tests on door hardware & access control products based on test plans, applicable standards, and customer requirements. The Technician will also be responsible for developing and implementing PLC programs for new and existing test equipment and troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical controls. Qualified candidates will be self-motivated and customer focused with strong teamwork skills.
Customers include but are not limited to Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Product Management, and Technical Service.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Performing product testing with an emphasis on mechanical & electro-mechanical door hardware and access control products.
- Writing professional test reports to document procedures and results.
- Developing and modifying PLC programs for automated test equipment.
- Implementing electrical and pneumatic control systems.
- Creating technical documentation.
- Maintaining the integrity of laboratory machines, fixtures, and facilities.
- Using enterprise excellence tools to drive process improvement, such as increasing lab throughput or improving repeatability & reproducibility of measurements.
- Supporting product failure investigation to help identify root cause and recommend corrective actions.
YOU BRING SOLID KNOWLEDGE AND HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE IN:
- Mechanical and electromechanical mechanisms
- Laboratory and/or product testing
- Use of electronic and mechanical measurement equipment, including gages, oscilloscope, and multi-meter.
- PLC programming
- Interpreting wiring diagrams
- Electrical and pneumatic motion control
- Analog/Digital systems
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint), including ability to author comprehensive test reports.
- Must be able to understand basic electrical and mechanical drawings, assemble prototype devices, jigs, and other test fixtures.
- 2-year engineering technology degree
- 2 years of experience in a mechanically related field or high school diploma
- 5 years of experience in an electro-mechanically related field.
- Certified Quality Technician (CQT) or Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI) from American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Proficiency with safely using various power tools, such as drills, grinders, electric screwdrivers.
- Ability to perform small machining tasks.
- Experience operating environmental test chambers.