Email Content Strategist
5700 Canoga Ave. Suite 200 Woodland Hills, California 91367
Email Content Strategist
Have you dreamed of traveling the world or working for a company that does? Have you seen yourself working in one of the leading luxury travel Brands in the world? If that sounds like you then don’ t stop reading here!
ektello is searching for and Email Content Strategist to work for one of our top hospitality and tourism clients in Woodland Hills, CA. Our client is one of the leading luxury cruise lines in the world!
This is a contract to hire position with Full Time & Onsite hours! We also offer benefit options with all of our contracts!
You must provide a portfolio showcasing your email marketing examples and content strategy!
- Reporting to the Email Sr. Manager, the Email Content Strategist works closely with cross functional teams to develop email campaign strategy and content
- You will Coordinate with other marketing channels and driving email sales, email database growth, engagement/re-engagement, acquisition, and retention through the email channel.
- In addition, the Email Content Strategist is the lead copywriter for all emails, and either executes copy hands-on (in most cases for pre-sale), or (occasionally) leads copy team to write compelling content that garners results.
- Develops and continually refines email campaigns as needed, including sales, content/enrichment, life-cycle, win-back, upsell, trigger and more, optimizing with cross functional teams through segmentation, distribution timing and design testing.
- Independently manages and prioritizes own workload, setting and meeting deadlines; working positively and proactively.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, exceptional expertise in email campaigns and copywriting, best practices; understanding of marketing strategies and concepts, ability to translate strategy into compelling copy and content, “ can-do” attitude, ability to work well under deadlines and flexibility to accommodate changes.
- Must be proactive self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task, work well with others and build collaboration.
- Collaborates closely and on an ongoing basis with Email Sr. Manager to set strategy for email campaigns
- Working closely with other teams, ensures offer, content, links, and “ voice” are consistent with brand standards and across all channels
- Experience writing to a mature audience (baby boomers or seniors)
- Leads copywriting team for email, writing bulk of strategic campaigns (hands-on)
- Leverages, refreshes and maximizes use of existing content; ensures use of best practices for email and current strategie
- Create, launch and refine campaigns addressing churn, win-back, 1: 1 marketing, etc. as needed to drive sales and email acquisition
- Oversees flawless campaign execution, managing coordination with social and web channels on a regular basis, evaluates campaign results, refining and continuously improving results.
- Leads copywriting team for email, writing bulk of strategic campaigns (hands-on), significantly leveraging variable data abilities and variety of content for campaigns and tactical emails. Manages direct report(s) and other copy executors as needed.
- Leverages, refreshes and maximizes use of existing content; ensures use of best practices for email and current strategies; works closely with VP Marcom, direct mail, social and copy teams to understand content library and options available
- Understands and follows corporate Style Guide
- Independently prioritizes workload using good judgment to deliver accurate, timely results
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital marketing, preferably mainly as Content Strategist, with expertise in email campaign creation, best practices, email engagement and lifecycle marketing
- Outstanding email copywriting skills; experience creating, writing, refining and executing churn, win-back, welcome, and upsell campaigns; excellent written/verbal communication skills sufficient to present to C-level
- Demonstrated track record creating broad range of successful email campaigns. Knowledge of current trends and best practices in digital banners, social media and web as relevant to email campaigns and experience to leverage these channels
- Experience managing direct reports, freelancers and vendors, developing and coaching to improve team skills.
- Expertise in Oracle Responsys email marketing software (or similar platform); especially in creating multivariate campaigns, tracking and understanding impact and analysis to optimize campaigns.
- Preferred experience within the travel industry, leisure, airlines, international/ European companies talking about a destination
- Proficiency in various software’ s at a high level sufficient to compose top-quality work Microsoft Office, Responsys or similar, Content Management Systems, and ability/willingness to learn new software as needed.
- High level of precision and attention to detail; well-organized with good judgment. Ability and willingness to do multiple rounds based on executive input with tact and grace.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects, setting and meeting deadlines while working positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, “ can-do” attitude with tenacity to complete projects by deadlines. Proactive, self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task while communicating status.
- Professional work attitude; ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Preferred: Experience selling high-end brands or high-ticket items to 50+ audiences.