Email Marketing Manager
888 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94107
Have a passion for travel and world-class customer service?
ektello is currently hiring an Email Marketing Manager for one of the most unique travel clients in San Francisco, CA. Our client provides magical travel experiences in 65, 000+ cities and 191 countries. With one of the world’ s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business, they have a place as one of the most iconic companies of this generation.
Our client is currently seeking talent to join one of their teams responsible for the company' s growth in the business travel segment. The role will report to the Manager of B2B Marketing Operations.
• Drive global email strategy with content, relevancy, smart segmentation and personalization to drive incremental revenue
• Design user segments and implement automated, customized email journeys for all stages of the funnel
• Plan and execute ongoing testing (layout, format, frequency, copy, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement driving towards our KPIs
• Develop weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting on email performance
• Closely partner with sales to accelerate all stages of the funnel
• Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers
• Minimum 5 yrs in an email marketing or lifecycle marketing role
• Experience managing a marketing automation tool (i.e., Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, Marketing Cloud) within hi-tech or like high-volume setting
• In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of email and mobile marketing industry, providers and emerging trends
• Strong understanding of marketing funnel stages and KPIs
• Experience with Salesforce
• Comfort understanding funnel performance, designing experiments, and reasoning logically
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and project management skills