Email Marketing Specialist
500 Staples Drive Framingham, MA 01704
The Specialist of Email Operations – Weekly Promo
- Responsible for production management and execution of select Weekly Promo email programs at Staples.
- This requires managing multiple weekly campaigns in various stages of production on any given week. This is done via a suite of internal and external tools, which help us, proof and execute our email marketing campaigns.
- This is a highly team driven position as you work with other marketing teams and with internal resources on the email marketing team and external resources to help execute your campaigns.
IMPORTANT: This is a 7 month contract, full time & onsite, with health, dental, vision and PTO benefit options. This contract has the potential for extension!
- Responsible for the email production, QA and deployment of high quality, on-time and on-budget campaigns for select weekly promo email campaigns
- Submit and communicate all final campaign details to email vendor for setup
- Manage email setup process with vendor to ensure campaign launches flawlessly and on time
- Document issues/errors in Staples environment as well as on the vendor side in order to provide accuracy reporting and improve execution process
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand weekly promo strategy and ensure flawless execution
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure all weekly promo details and final creative are delivered accurately and on time for submission to email vendor
- Manage all creative production proof rounds to ensure email best practices and timelines are adhered to
- QA for Customer Experience
- Execute end-to-end test and QA plans for emails, offers and landing pages and the pages they lead to with a clear objective of providing accurate and relevant information to the customers
- Ensure all marketing programs/campaigns/offers are translated through the customer lens, promote our value prop through institutional messaging, and ensure the best possible experience with email content, offers and landing pages
- Execute A/B tests on an ongoing basis to improve email performance
- Ensure emails render and function properly in top email clients used by our customers (desktop and mobile)
- Ensure each customer segment receives the correct version of the email based on whether they are a member of a specific program or not
- Independently identify process steps/rules/workflow that need improvement and inform appropriate teams
- Bachelor’ s degree or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities
- 1-2 years of experience in campaign management or generalist marketing
- Hands-on experience executing marketing campaigns
- Basic HTML skills
- Experience working in email service provider platforms such as Responsys, Marketo, Eloqua etc.
- Strong ability to effectively work cross functionally within a large organization and with external partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills (ability to influence as well as collaborate) and detail orientation
- Good understanding of email QA processes
- Interest in Enterprise Marketing and the strategy behind it
- You work with humor even when under pressure
- Continuously improve knowledge on email campaign best practices (functionality, cadence, deliverability, etc.) under guidance of Manager, Email Operations