Engineer (Python Lead)
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91602
We are seeking a Lead (Python) Software Engineer to join our team! You will coordinate activities in fields such as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. Act as tech lead, identifying and assigning new technical and feature work for other engineers and leading a high-performing team of 3-6 engineers.
- Develop and oversee IT procedures and operation
- Test and create automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’ s work and with the many systems within the system portfolio.
- Act as a development leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Stay up-to-date on new development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up those tools and training other developers on them.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate appropriately, and ensure a scrum team is working at maximum efficiently without being a team “ bottleneck”
- Demonstrated experience building software on the cloud with managed services and serverless solutions
- Experience with automated test/build/deploy tools in a python tech stack
- Competent working in secured internal network environments and complex cloud networks setups
- Experience manipulating datasets in code with tools such as pandas and numpy
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience with container and serverless technologies
- Experience with distributed messaging and streaming services such as Kafka / Kinesis / SQS
- Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
- Experience with natural language processing and meaning extraction from text using NLTK or spaCy