4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
Position: Enterprise Developer
Duration: 12-Month Contract +
Location: Okemos, MI
- Upgrade experience on Java EE application to latest Java EE 1.7+
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development
- Knowledge and understanding of application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat and WebLogic
- Full stack developer including intense back-end development, service design, data model and web development.
- Takes requirements (business features, technical debts and internal enhancements) to design and implement solutions.
- Can support and collaborate with multiple user-facing teams to develop reusable and scalable architectures and tools
- Provides mentorship and technical guidance to other engineers and also be open to learning from peers
- Promotes responsible engineering practices (including automated unit and stress testing, engineering for data security, resiliency, scalability, etc.)
Must Have Skills:
- Proficient in multiple programming languages like: Python, Ruby, Scala, Groovy, GO, BASH.
- Expert knowledge of Java or Scala or Erlang with 7+ years of experience.
- Upgrade experience on Java EE applications to latest Java EE 1.7+.
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development.
- Development experience with REST WebServices and various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, HTML etc.
- Working experience in all phases of SDLC and managed applications running in production environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat and Weblogic.
- In depth experience developing high volume transactions and distributed applications– both real-time and batch.
- A deep understanding of performance tuning and scalability.
- Deep end to end architectural understanding of distributed applications.
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of design patterns.
- Development experience with security such as securing the users and their data.
- Development experience of writing batch jobs with performing high volume transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of work in modern CI environments: version control, build tool, CI server
- Knowledge of Open Source libraries, tools and frameworks.
- Experience with any modern open source libraries would be an added advantage.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
Highly desirable Skills:
- 5+ years of full stack experience with applications running on Oracle WebLogic 11g and 12c and/or Oracle Service Bus 11g and 12c.
- Strong Web services development with JAX-WS and JAX-RS technologies.
- Working experience with build frameworks Maven and Ant.
- Experience with containerization technologies (such as Docker) and familiarity with micro-service architecture and development patterns.
- Development experience with RDBMS, distributed cache (Memcached, Redis) and NoSQL database.
- Experience in HIPAA and PCI security Domain.
- Development experience with modern technologies such Elastic Search, Kafka, Kibana,
- Logstash, Hibernate/JPA, Spring, Angular. Experience with any modern technologies would be an added advantage.
- Experience building and deploying software onto AWS or Openstack using Chef, or similar technologies.
- Experience with big data and data analytics applications, or similar systems programming experience.
- Strong expertise in text parsing, analystics and machine learning.
- Has worked extensively on parsing and generating EDI formats.
- Experience with SAFE framework.
- Expert knowledge of JDBC and managing transactions.
- Experience with Kubernetes technologies is a plus.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- US Citizenship is preferred.
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or comparable work experience.
- Overall IT experience between 8 and 12 years.