Enterprise Software Engineer II / Java
13201 McCallen Pass Austin, TX 78753
Senior Java Developer
- The client’ s Sales Solutions technology team is building new applications for Order Management and Distribution Management. Both these areas are mission critical for the client in managing and distributing sales orders and optimizing sales to grow revenue and margins.
- The technology stack being used is a combination of cutting-edge technologies such as PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), Spring Java, Docker with Oracle in the backend. This is based on a Microservices architecture with a platform API build with GraphQL, another cutting edge API framework from Facebook.
- The team is looking for senior level Java Developers with 3-5 years of hands-on who thrive on designing and developing complex, high performance and high-volume applications. The technology team is based in Austin TX and the position will be based there and require the developer to work onsite.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
- Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- 4+ years Java development experience and a bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in Java and at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches.
- A master’ s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
Additional Qualifications (Bonus Points):
- Previous experience working on small, focused development teams
- Extensive experience with CMS systems including Drupal, Sling, Jackrabbit/Oak
- Previous experience working in Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe CQ, Adobe CQ5, Day CQ, Day CRX, Day Communique WCM experience
- Able to work with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Go-getter attitude
- Experience in customer facing role is a plus
Location: Austin, TX – must be local and able to interview on-site
Duration: Initially funded through the end of 12/2019; Expected to extend into 2020; Potential for CTH, but must be able to work without sponsorship