FIT Support Engineer RAN
TBD Reston, VA TBD
4G/5G Air Interface and Call Processing Systems Engineer
12-Month Contract +
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for systems performance analysis, monitoring and trending KPIs, take corrective action to meet KPI targets, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on 4G/5G air interface and call processing technology.
Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from FIT/FOA sites and production network.
Responsible to draft, update and discuss FIT test strategy, test plan, test procedures. Conduct drive tests, post process drive data and OM data and generate FIT reports.
Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
Review and provide recommendations to improve RAN network performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and HQ to achieve FIT/FOA exit and deployment for new features and releases.
- Bachelor’ s Degree is EE/CS with 6-8 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters in EE/CS with 6+ years of experience is preferred
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation and performance improvements (KPIs). Good understanding of EPC functionality is beneficial.
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specification for LTE and LTE-A features and Protocols
- Have a solid understanding of the end to end LTE Network Architecture.
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G NR air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Good understanding of 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, LTE-NR interworking and co-existence, etc.
- Good understanding of wireless network evolution, 3GPP & 3GPP2 standard activities and FCC spectrum allocations.
- Working knowledge of various RF antenna technologies, M-MIMO, beamforming technologies & network optimizations.
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.