Finance Manager - Information Technology
5601 Green Valley Drive Bloomington, MN 55437-1099
Ektello is looking for a Finance Manger-Information Technology professional to work with one of the leading clients in educational software in Bloomington, MN.
Pay Rate: $55-$64 Per Hour
Finance Manger-Information Technology
- Provides strategic finance support to business leaders to drive delivery on business objectives.
- Partners with Centers of Excellence, Financial Control and Finance leadership to ensure smooth implementation for all Finance activities.
- Drives value through financial insight into business decisions, supported by structured analysis and strong commercial acumen.
- Acts as trusted advisor to the business
- Effective partnering and strong communication between Information Technology leadership teams and Finance teams
- Strong performance against KPIs and targets
- Accurate and timely delivery of investment and business cases
- Operating model and new ways of working implemented across Finance
- Operational improvements and cost opportunities identified and realized
- Strong collaboration with Product groups, Geographies, Enabling Functions, Group Control, Finance Centers of Excellence and with embedded Finance teams across Pearson
- Improved forecasting and planning efficiency and accuracy
- Leverage of analytics tools to focus organization on value-added activities.
- Support Finance Director as a business partner and advisor to the Information Technology teams, advising on financial matters and ensuring delivery of business and operational objectives
- Support in providing insight and analysis to the business to aid forward looking decision making
- Oversight of actual monthly results and KPIs and informed and insightful commentary thereon
- Highlight key risks and opportunities within functions and providing insights
- Support decisions on project and portfolio investments, ensuring they are measured against financial targets
- Identify and address operational improvement and cost opportunities. Contribute and support to Technology, Operations and Enabling Functions Finance transformation initiatives as required.
- Develop & prepare financial business cases supporting Information Technology. Support decisions on pipeline investments, ensuring they are measured against financial targets
- Work collaboratively with the client to deliver key reporting, planning and forecasting processes providing accurate and timely future facing data on which to base decisions
- Understand the businesses regulatory and audit requirements and ensure they are adhered to
- Consistent and extensive collaboration within Finance and across the client, including colleagues in multiple geographies, Product groups, Enabling Functions, Country hub operations and Centres of excellence organized at the client level
- Consolidate financial results for Information Technology through multiple financial systems
- Fluent English speaker
- Experience working in a multi-national matrix organization.
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritize across competing agendas
- Ability to conduct investment analysis and capital asset evaluation.
- Ability to identify business risks and implementation of tactics to mitigate
- Understanding of financial control, business performance management and process optimization and experience of working in more than one of these areas.
- Very strong skill sets in Excel, Essbase, and Oracle
- An understanding of putting internal financial results into an external market context.
- Awareness of multiple business models and experience of working with more than one.
- Understanding of finance specialist areas: tax, treasury, M&A, compliance, corporate governance and ability to utilize proper judgement to involve them as necessary.
- Participation in international projects, may be short or long term (preferred but not required)
- Qualified with demonstrable experience in management finance role, 7 – 10 years of experience
- Accounting or Finance degree.
- MBA preferred.