Financial Market Data Developer
900 Sylvan Ave Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Financial Market Data Developer - 6 month W2 Contract to HIRE
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also an experienced Senior Market Data Developer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the News Industry?
ektello is looking for an Senior Market Data Developer in the Englewood Cliffs, NJ area to join our client’ s accomplished team!
- Our client’ s Digital Technology team is seeking for Senior Market Data Developer to work on market data distribution infrastructure providing real time, delayed market-data and value added Derived data (historical, reference, news, etc.) via well-defined public facing API.
- This group is responsible for the design, develop, deployment and support of the technology infrastructure that powers the market data needs for all other teams in the organization.
- He/she should have good understanding of US market structure, additional knowledge of North America, European and Asian market structure.
- This Individual should be able to understand the organizational mission, goals and drivers, confer with senior executives and synthesize the IT capabilities required to address business needs.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience is required.
- Knowledgeable in Market Data Products that deliver critical capabilities to customers which include but are not limited to RMDS, VELA Wombat Direct Feed Handlers or competitors Bloomberg BPOD and Managed BPIPE
- Basic understanding of market data entitlement systems (DACS, DART etc )
- Proven track record in creating, maintaining, enhancing market data applications processing equity, currency, bond, future, and index market data from NASDAQ, NYSE and RDF/Elektron.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows, and Networking.
- Knowledge of structured and scripting languages: C, C++, Perl, Python, Bash, etc.
- Knowledge of Exchange Data feeds provided by the main North American Equity markets (NYSE, Nasdaq, BATS, DirectEdge, CME etc.) the technologies used to deliver those feeds to co-located facilities.
- Experience in evaluating market data vendors and their products would be helpful
- Collaborate with technical product owners, delivery teams to understand roadmaps which support the business needs of the customers.
- Experience in using tools and techniques to identify various types of issues in production using logs and other metrics.
- Good knowledge of network protocols, network programming, various optimization techniques and multi-threaded programming.
- Following industry trends and able to apply on internal market data applications/systems would be helpful.
- In depth knowledge of design patterns and architectural frameworks used in market data applications/systems. Desired Characteristics:
- Strong experience working with multi-site development teams.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities.
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.