Front-End UI Developer-Research Engineer
2154 EAST COMMONS AVENUE CENTENNIAL, CO 80301
Ektello is looking for a Research Engineer: Front-End UI Developer candidate in Centennial, CO to work with one of the leading edge Educational Software companies in the world.
Position: Research Engineer-Front-End UI Developer
Location: Centennial, CO
Pay Rate: $65-$73 Per Hour
Contract: 9-12 Months
- We are a team of applied researchers, data scientists and software developers tasked with identifying new opportunities and transforming new ideas into real, tangible proof-of-concepts.
- Our work helps define the future of the companies offerings in both the classroom and in developing educational content.
- We are seeking a versatile front-end web developer with experience in multiple UI technologies to extend existing application as well as develop new proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Degrees and formal qualifications are great, but relevant experience and a proven track record to deliver are most important.
- You are self-motivated, and enjoy developing rough ideas into high quality user experiences.
- You value collaborating with a team with a wide range of interests.
- You know how to make an application shine, but you are also know how to keep the codebase maintainable and future-ready.
- You are excited by learning new technologies, and you also enjoy teaching new technologies to others.
- You enjoy participating in hands-on collaborative design sessions and expressing your design concepts with the group during iterative whiteboarding sessions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- This person will be building the prototypes that will be tested on students and teachers for forward thinking apps into the companies products and working on a research team where very agile will be developing on the prototype side rather than the larger engineering products.
- 4+ years front-end software engineering experience
- Ability to express design ideas in an interactive group setting.
- In-depth knowledge / experience in the following:
- HTML5, CSS (Less, SCSS, SASS)
- UX / UI Design
- Developing complex user flows and interaction
- Rapid-prototyping of application
Nice to have:
- Other modern web application frameworks
(e.g. Angular 2+, React, Vue, etc…)
- Grunt or other task scripting
- Backend and REST API design
- Automated Testing (unit and end-to-end)
- User Testing (e.g., support for A/B testing).
- Data visualization (e.g., D3.js)
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to relational and NoSQL databases
- Responsive Web Design (mobile, native, etc...)
- MS or Ph.D.