Full Stack Sr. Software Engineer / Software Developer IV
500 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48226
Seeking experienced full-stack Sr. Software Engineer to join our IT’ s Agile Servicing team. Strong back-end experience with demonstrated understanding and willingness to learn broader stack will be considered. Primary responsibilities will be focused on supporting the digital transformation of our Servicing applications. Solid design, integration, and architectural patterns experience strongly preferred. Successful candidate drives quality through continual improvement, relies on experience and judgement to accomplish goals, exhibits strong communication and interpersonal skills, and thinks beyond the day-to-day activities to keep big-picture objectives in mind. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, along with a willingness to perform code reviews, mentor team members.
• Design, develop, test, support and debug new or enhanced software
• Write clean, quality, and testable applications that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments
• Experienced ‘ Agilist’ who will embrace and expand our Agile practices through thought-leadership and integrating industry best practices
• Deep understanding and application of Agile approaches and techniques, such as XP, Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
• Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team
• Be passionate and continue to advance software craftsmanship within Ally
• Contribute to the successful completion of deliverables that deliver value to our customers.
• Perform root cause analysis, provide efficient production support, and maintain/enhance existing applications
• Interact and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related field, or significant relevant experience preferred
• 4+ years of experience in a similar role, with increasing responsibility and technical expertise
• Demonstrates developmental knowledge of coding, testing, supporting and debugging in a pragmatic agile environment
• Able to interface and collaborate with business partners as well as internal and external technical teams
• Articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into software development solutions
• Is passionate about developing, configuring, connecting and integrating systems in a complex enterprise application environment.
• Grasps new technologies and can adapt to rapid shifts in priorities
• Self-motivated, self-starter with clear communication skills who thrives working in a team environment
• Experienced full stack development with as many of the following as possible:
• Solutions: Micro Services, REST, ELK Stack, Cloud Services
• Java: Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Batch/Integration
• Data: PL/SQL Development, Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, REDIS
• Enablers: GIT, GIT Flow, SonarQube, Contrast, Splunk, Performance tuning, Scalability, Docker/Openshift containerization
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 3 Month Contract (possibility of extension)