Global Connected Consumer Infotainment Application Software Engineer
MI - GM Global Technical Center - 30400 Van Dyke Ave. - VEC East Warren, MI 48093
Infotainment Application Software Engineer (#6635)
The Global Connected Consumer Application Delivery Team is seeking an ambitious and creative software engineer who will contribute to the development of new Telematics/Infotainment applications that are downloaded directly to in-vehicle infotainment systems. As a member of the application delivery team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and other engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, and deliver ground breaking applications that re-define the driving experience.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework. This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will assume a lead role for various practices and decisions.
Must have 5+ years of experience and should have one of the 3 skills:
- Embedded developer with Automotive background and Java
- Android AOSP Platform developer; Android Platform development, Not just Android Application development
- Has worked on electronics product development (cellphone, connected device or something similar)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-6 years’ experience testing embedded software applications, specifically Infotainment.
- Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures.
- 3-5+ years of Android software development or testing.
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a highly collaborative, demanding, and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of tools and procedures related to Android system testing.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, functional and non-functional software testing, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.,).
- At least one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.,).
- Defect tracking tools (Bugzilla, etc.,).
- Test management tools (TestRail, RQM, Quality Center, Silk Central, etc.,).
- Configuration Management tools (GIT, Perforce, etc.,).
- Display excellent customer service with customers.
- Previous test experience with real-time or embedded applications.
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work well in a global environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience utilizing agile software development process
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with languages: C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
- Exposure to Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay.
- Software development experience in POSIX, QNX, or Embedded Linux OS environments
- Prior embedded systems development experience is required
- Experience working in a team environment using Agile software methodologies.
- Working knowledge of embedded software systems.
- Experience working with Automotive infotainment systems.
- Software testing training and conferences (STAR, ISTQB, etc.,).
- Strong attention to detail; Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing interesting software bugs.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Passion for testing with an excellent understanding of mobile technologies.
- Experience in developing, testing, and deploying products in global markets
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long Term contract (12+ months)