Global Media Technician
4100 E. DRY CREEK RD Suite A300 Centennial, Colorado 80122
Global Media Technician
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Global Media Technician looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Global Media Technician for one of our top multimedia clients in Centennial, CO. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
- Maintain On-Air continuity completing all content for air according to our client’ s Automated material management systems.
- Encode audio/video clips in various formats (Flash, Mpeg, Windows Media, QuickTime, etc.) for multiple platforms while following and maintaining department specifications and standards.
- Learn and perform all SD & HD Technical Processes and technologies in the Media Operations Center & any additional process that are created in the future.
- Perform any necessary alterations and then QC all content to complete for distribution with the expectation of making 0 errors or defects.
- Support our client’ s Program Prep, Program Screening, On-Air Marketing and Programming with all of their ingest, export, and down-conversion needs.
- Learn and perform library functions as needed including but not limited to Bar-coding, Labeling, Filing, & Retrieving tapes and other content in an efficient & timely manner.
- Provide delivery support of digital media to internal departments, international needs and external partnerships.
- Troubleshoot basic problems and issues that arise with transcoding, exporting and delivery of video files.
- Ensure technical specifications and quality control for all encoded and transcoded files.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor(s).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a job or school related activity using computers and software applications including MS outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel.
- Knowledge of various media formats/VTRs (Digibeta, HDcam, XDcam), file types (QT, WMV, MXF, DNX, DV, etc) and video standards (NTSC, PAL).
- Some prior experience with digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems, file transfer applications such as FTP and Content Distribution Management.
- A team player, who is always respectful, follows rules and policy, has good communication skills, and maintains a positive attitude.
- A punctual, hardworking, disciplined, and dependable individual.
- Bachelors or 2-year degree in Communications or Media.
- Experience in international broadcast operations or media.
- Fluency or intermediate understanding of other languages.
- Understanding of international files standards & frame rates.
- 2-5 years of experience in the multi-channel broadcast facility doing content-prep and quality-control work.
- Editing capabilities on Avid or Final Cut Pro.
- An Understanding of SD & HD tape and/or file formats and specifications.
- Fundamental DVD authoring and mastering skills with software such as Nero.
- Intermediate understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bay and routing systems).
- Prior experience using encoding software / hardware (Telestream, Inlet, Rhozet, etc.).