Global Payroll Manager
11819 N. Pennsylvania St. Carmel, IN 46032
Global Payroll Manager - FT Direct Hire
Relocation assistance for well qualified candidates.
The Manager, Global Payroll will lead the global payroll strategy and create measurements to ensure excellence in payroll operations. This position will effectively manage US payroll operations, as well as optimizing processes, compliance, effectiveness and cost of payroll operations. This position will be a key resource in leading the global payroll strategy, supporting audits, acquisitions, and special projects. This role provides excellent customer service to stakeholders, strong oversight of vendors, and quality development and coaching to build a highly effective and engaged team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process owner for Global Payroll and Time & Attendance providing clear global strategy, standard processes, expectations, oversight and strong stakeholder management.
- Direct responsibility for US payroll processing including earnings, taxes, benefit deductions, garnishments, union dues, charitable contributions.
- Manage US payroll statutory compliance and oversight of global requirements
- Strong global partner; drive continuous improvement mindset by seeking voice of customer; make continuous improvements to processes, service delivery and technology.
- Partner effectively with HR, IT, Finance and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting.
- Provide leadership and execution for implementation of acquisitions and divestitures.
- Lead various project initiatives from planning through execution.
- Partner with internal and external auditors to ensure satisfaction of requirements.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by ensuring policies and procedures are documented in a timely basis.
- Manage the process to review, update, and create employee communications with respect to Payroll and Time & Attendance topics.
- Manage outsourced vendors to ensure compliance with processes, requirements and laws and service expectations. Reside as the Subject Matter Expert for existing and new legislation governing payroll requirements.
- BS/BA in human resources, finance, or business required
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- Experienced payroll professional with 8+ years of payroll experience, which includes experience working in a regional/global environment.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions strongly preferred.
- Proven success in leading projects.
- Strong technical aptitude; ADP, Workday, and Kronos experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Strong change management experience required.
- Ability to collaborate, consult and partner with all levels and work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications (verbal and written).
- Strong working knowledge of applicable US federal, state and local rules and laws and broad knowledge of global compliance needs.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; strong knowledge of data privacy and cyber security.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.