TBD Plano, TX TBD
Position: Hardware Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Type: 12-Month Contract +
- The hardware engineer’ s role is to support wireless equipment deployments and new technology trials.
- This includes participation in installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of wireless network hardware, software and communication links.
- This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and system trouble in live networks.
- Interface between customers and R&D center for product design, implementation, and issue resolution
- Overseeing and participation in installation of wireless communications equipment
- Troubleshooting of wireless network issues through the systematic test and debugging of hardware and software systems
- Testing and characterizing performance of wireless networks through logging, monitoring, and reporting on key performance indicators
- Developing methods of procedure (MOPs) and providing training for field technicians
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and familiarity with 3G/4G/5G cellular communications systems infrastructure (RAN and CORE) and user equipment (UE / CPE)
- Basic RF engineering skills including familiarity with 3G/4G/5G radios/antenna systems
- Design and deployment of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, power plants, HFCs, and other networking hardware
- Experience with basic electronic test tools such as DVM, fiber test sets, RF power meters
- Experience with basic laboratory test equipment like Ethernet test sets, base station analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- Competence with diagnostic and standard hand tools
- Good working knowledge of AC and DC power design & testing including 3 Phase AC
- Experience and familiarity with configuration, design, and operation of 24VDC & 48VDC power supplies
- Familiarity with networking equipment, fiber optics, GPS systems
- Familiarity with electronic equipment installation best practices and regulations
- Basic familiarity of electronic equipment regulatory certifications
- Excellent hardware and troubleshooting experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated and willingness/ability to work independently
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years relevant experience
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.