IT Android Mobile Developer
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
IT Android Mobile Developer
Our client is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. They offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to their success and excellent service, our client is rapidly growing and its IT Division now seeks an Android Mobile Developer that will execute the development of mobile applications.
The candidate will be part of a team of mobile developers working to enhance and grow our mobile inspection platform working on-site at our Farmington Hills office and will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. The role requires a self-motivated, detailed oriented, and hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking. This is a fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, support and sustain the mobile apps— Android Phone(s) & other devices including interface and libraries.
- Unit Testing the code for the apps developed.
- Participation in code reviews and pull requests.
- Work with DevOps and development team members to develop/maintain alerting triggers, logging, and general application monitoring.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated deployments.
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, and monitoring.
- Strong design, programming, and debugging skills
- 3+ years Android development
- 3+ years Java and Android SDK
- Android UI design principles
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Agile development
- Proficient experience creating comprehensive unit tests
- Ability to work with QA to introduce innovative methods for mobile platform testing
- Exceptional communication skills — written and verbal
- Self-starter, driven individual
- Very good analytical skills
- Team leader abilities
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Jenkins build server
- Continuous integration systems
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of Cucumber/Gherkin
- TDD/BDD experience
- Strong web UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping
- iOS and/or React Native
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Automotive Industry experience a plus
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship
- Ability to take initiative in the absence of direction
- 3 or more years hands-on experience in language or technology needed at the time of application; Prior experience as an Android Developer
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel and customers, both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or other related Computer Technology program
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Direct Hire
Travel: Minimal to light overnight travel as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salaried/exempt — TBD upon hiring
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
- No visa sponsorship will be provided - Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
- No relocation will be paid
- All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.