IT Android Mobile Developer
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Our client is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, hardworking individual for a Direct Hire role on the Mobile Development team in Farmington Hills, MI
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, support and sustain the mobile apps— Android Phone(s) & other devices including interface and libraries.
- Unit Testing the code for the apps developed.
- Participation in code reviews and pull requests.
- Work with DevOps and development team members to develop/maintain alerting triggers, logging, and general application monitoring.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated deployments.
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, and monitoring.
- Special Projects and other duties may be assigned
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
- Strong design, programming, and debugging skills
- 3+ years Android development
- 3+ years Java and Android SDK
- Android UI design principles
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Agile development
- Proficient experience creating comprehensive unit tests
- Ability to work with QA to introduce innovative methods for mobile platform testing
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Self-starter, driven individual
- Very good analytical skills
- Team leader abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship
- Ability to take initiative in the absence of direction
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Jenkins build server
- Continuous Integration systems
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of Cucumber/Gherkin
- TDD/BDD experience
- Strong web UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping
- iOS and/or React Native
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Prior experience as an Android Developer
- Automotive Industry experience a plus
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or another related Computer Technology program