IT Business Analyst/Project Manager
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
IT Business Analyst/Project Manager
Our client is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. They offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to their success and excellent service, they are rapidly growing and the Information Technology Division now seeks a Business Analyst/Project Manager that reports to the Director of Applications and will be responsible for overall project management and planning activities for smaller projects, eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing product’ s vision, project scope, high level business requirements and functional requirements from the product owner and project stakeholders. Additionally, will be responsible for assisting Product Owners in the coordination of project actives including daily standups with team and stakeholders, sprint planning sessions, sprint commitment updates, retrospective meetings.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage product’ s vision, project scope, high level business requirements and functional requirements from the product owner and project stakeholders
- Overall project management and planning activities for smaller projects and all business aspects of the requirements and analysis phase of larger projects
- Developing project plans in MS Project or similar tool
- Assist in the coordination project actives which may include daily standups with team and stakeholders, sprint planning sessions, sprint commitment updates, retrospective meetings.
- Assist in analyzing a broadly defined area and using functional decomposition to define high-level epics and stories to create a well-organized, value-driven framework to provide the required business value in the Product Backlog.
- Assist in Ensuring individual stories are very clear and concise and are easy to understand and implement by the development team. Define and express the business value the story is intended to provide (the “ so that” clause of the user story). Provide the business perspective for the development team.
- Identify related user stories and epics, grouping them into themes as necessary and documenting the interrelationship and associated business process flows as necessary.
- Utilize SQL to help flush out requirements and/or test functionality.
- Integrate and document the needs of related projects as well as the needs of different stakeholders to produce an overall solution.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project
- Identify ways to assist product owner in product roadmap planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Serve as a conduit between the business stakeholders and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Work with Product Owner to prioritize product back log
- Identify opportunities to improve team dynamics, enjoyment, and performance in an environment of collaboration and innovation.
- Assist in shielding team from external influences not relevant to current sprint work
- Facilitate technical discussions with the Solution Architect / Tech Lead to resolve technical challenges the team encounters
- Radiate team communications and impediments to release and program level teams
- Communicate progress, raise risks or issues to Project Owner
- Solve application and process related problems by assisting in the creation of process documentation.
- Communicate and document business requirements for reports and applications development.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides basic work direction and support to small groups of usually skilled and semi-skilled employees.
Job Knowledge and Skill:
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Five or more years of Business Analyst experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in automation of test cases.
- At least two (2) years of experience using MS Project or similar tool
- At least three (3) years of project management experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Has applied knowledge of SQL in the gathering of requirements and/or the creation of requirements
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget
- Experience using Agile Tools such as JIRA Agile (preferred), Rally, or VersionOne
- Demonstrated leadership in process improvement and innovation
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, word processor, spreadsheet), other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
Communication Skills: Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Travel: Infrequent/Light travel.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Direct Hire