IT Developer / Full Stack Angular & Python
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Job Details / Description:
The premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. We offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers' homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to its success and excellent service, there is rapidly growing, and its Information Technology Division now seeks an IT Developer that reports to the IT Program Manager and will be responsible for designing and maintaining RESTful APIs in a micro-service environment and ensure optimal performance of the ecosystem.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
Fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- One or more programming languages including, but not limited to: Node.js, Angular.js, Python
- Diagnose and resolve production support issues
- Participate in the design and coding of technical solutions
- Create application technical designs
- Create application code using best practice coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit test all developed modules
- Work with Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Help research and troubleshoot programming issues as they are identified through QA
- Provide data support to operations personnel and management as requested
- Demonstrate experience and skills in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSQL by writing complex SQL queries, functions and packages
- Desire and ability to learn new programming languages and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular and consistent attendance and availability
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self healing
- Other duties may be assigned
Job Knowledge and Skill:
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of work-related experience
- Experience should include working on Node.js architecture Other languages such as Java and Python a plus
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, WSDL and other web service technologies
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects
- Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts. Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Jenkins build server
- TDD/BDD experience
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Modeling experience
- Database Design Experience
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or other related Computer Technology program
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with l.T. and all departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
- Minimal to light overnight travel as needed
- Salaried/exempt — TBD upon hiring,
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
- No Relocation will be paid