IT Project Manager III
1500 Market Street PA Philadelphia, PA 19102
(W2 Candidates Only)
This position is for an IT Project Manager to help support the integration of HR and Finance systems for our client' s recent acquisition.
This role will be responsible for leading critical integration projects along a strict timeline to ensure acquired colleagues can function as core colleagues during 2020. These efforts will require integration with the Oracle HCM cloud HR system, as well as coordination of configuration and other changes in the GL and subledgers in their Oracle ERP system.
The role requires a combination of strong technology background, leadership skills, analytical skills and business acumen in order to manage key relationships between internal Business Sponsors and the client’ s Corporate Applications, ensuring delivery of technology which supports business strategy and needs.
Critical, required skills include:
- Communications, stakeholder management, and change leadership.
- Multitasking in a complex environment.
- Coordination across geographies, leadership levels, and domains (i.e., Finance, IT, HR) is a key aspect of the work involved here.
- Oracle HCM / HR systems implementation / integration experience
- Oracle Financials modules (GL, AP, AR, OTL, PA, etc.) implementation / integration experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager essential, with proven capabilities in managing complex IT projects in a global environment. The highly complex, international experience is key.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to form alliances, collaborate with internal clients, and fulfill business needs.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant Business or Information Technology area (degree is highly preferred); Master’ s degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of, or ideally certification in, one or more project management methodologies or practices (e.g., PMP).
- A strong understanding of SDLC methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to understand Stakeholder requirements, their strategies, goals, processes and problems, along with being able to document them in an organized and formal manner, prioritizing feedback, new requirements and service change requests.
- Expertise with Microsoft Project or similar project management software tools required; experience with Word, Excel, and Visio also required.
- Extensive experience developing business cases, project scope / charters, requirements documentation, test plans, status reports, and delivery / transition plans preferred.
- Prior budgetary responsibility, or involvement with planning/forecasting/budget policies or processes, a plus.
In addition, the best candidates will have the following attributes:
- Adaptive to change
- Ability to come up to speed very quickly with an in-progress project with an established timeline
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; This role is expected to sit onsite in our client’ s Philadelphia office (there may be some flexibility for a partially remote arrangement)
Duration: 6-month Contract; If the need and budget are extended, it could go beyond that but the role is currently budgeted through the end of June 2020.
Ideal Candidate: Will have experience with both HR systems (specifically HCM) and Finance systems (specifically Oracle Financials) in an integration capacity. Candidates must have some sort of IT integration experience but the above is the ideal experience.