IT Project Manager
999 W Big Beaver Troy, MI 48084
Our client requires an IT Project Manager to support projects initiated by its Digital Innovation team. This role has the overarching responsibility for owning/managing the delivery of both large projects and smaller proof of concept pilots, from initial request to production release. This role will require building successful partnerships with Kelly IT resources, finance, internal business stakeholders and our Digital Innovation team.
This Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Applications. The ideal candidate would be co-located with teammates in Troy, MI
- Manage the delivery of both custom application development projects and vendor provided applications.
- Facilitate the initiation of complex technical solutions and ensure the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project budget estimates, resource plans, and status reports for each project or pilot.
- Stay current with and help manage the Digital Innovation Team request pipeline.
- Track project status and timelines on projects.
- Coordinate meeting between all project stakeholders.
- Own the relationships for 3rd party vendors providing services or applications as needed.
- Facilitate high-level system design and requirement sessions as needed with internal and vendor stakeholders.
- Ensure that new applications can be applied efficiently to meet business needs with minimal re-engineering or customization for proof of concepts and pilots.
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects or pilots at a time.
- Own and manage other projects as needed outside of the digital innovation team pipeline.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of combined work experience in one or more of the following:
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Service Delivery/Support
- Software Development
- Business Analysis
- Prior experience managing the delivery of software application development projects.
- Experience tracking and reporting IT or Software development project status and timelines.
- Experience conducting IT or Software project meetings across departments.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and maintaining project documentation.
- Experience researching and evaluating vendor software products.
- Good executive presence.
- Outcome focused.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter that persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards for performance; maintains a consistently high level of productivity.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong written, presentation & analytical skills, strong personal leadership.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group and business goals.
- Bachelor degree.