IT Quality Analyst
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
#8657 | IT Quality Analyst
- Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan.
- Execute the plan and carry out activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Interacts with multiple levels of the organization.
- Requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
- This company offers encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities (select the most appropriate statement):
- Has no supervisory responsibility, provides basic work direction usually one-on-one
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Superior/Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and will have direct communication with our customers.
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstract – to ensure ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Experiences in Quality Management Software and Processes
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- Business process understanding
- Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validated stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business experience
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.
Communication Skills: Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with multiple departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Direct Hire
#8657 | IT Quality Analyst