IT Reporting Specialist
34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
IT Reporting Specialist
Our client is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. They offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to their success and excellent service, our client is rapidly growing and its IT Division now seeks a Reporting Specialist that will execute the development of reporting deliverables of various formats at the direction of the Data Reporting Product Owner.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking. This is a fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strive for comprehension of the story behind the data in various application databases in order to intelligently design data extracts, reports and dashboards.
- Leverage data modeling best practices to build well-performing data visualizations within various reporting and data manipulation tools and to support data warehouse design.
- Communicate and collaborate horizontally and vertically within the organization to assess requirements and drive progress of deliverables.
- Step through issues in order to assess, describe, understand and prescribe resolution for problems as they arise.
- Special projects and duties as needed.
- Job Knowledge and Skill: Experience and comprehension of querying relational databases. Experience assessing requirements and making recommendations with confidence.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant work experience extracting data from databases using SQL and other tools. Experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: 2- or 4-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, or Accounting or similar degree or demonstrably relevant certifications.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills in SQL (Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server). Experience utilizing BI reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau and Qlik Sense. Working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite and Microsoft Office applications. Experience using ETL tools is preferred.
- Practical Skills: Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities. Ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as collaborate with all levels of the organization. Ability to break large projects down into manageable tasks.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Travel: Minimal to no travel required.
Duration: Direct Hire position
Compensation: Salary is TBD upon hiring; Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation; No relocation will be paid
Offer: All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.