IT Senior Compliance Analyst
999 W Big Beaver Troy, MI 48084
Position: IT Sr. Compliance Analyst
Location: Troy, MI
Work hours: Core hours 8 – 5pm; potential to work from home on occasion depending on the work activity
Start date: As soon as possible
Assignment Duration: 1 year
An onsite interview will be required before a candidate is selected
- We are looking for an experienced IT Senior Compliance Analyst.
- The ideal candidate must have experience with designing, implementing and testing both Business Process and IT controls.
- The candidate will assist the IT Compliance Senior Manager and Senior Compliance Analyst by working with the project teams to collect/create control design documentation and evidence of control performance.
- The candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills and team-orientation.
- This individual should have a bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, IT, or similar field OR 4 years of work experience in IT, Finance or Audit function and be a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- The IT Sr Compliance Analyst is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of IT and Business Process controls for the DTP project for SOX and Privacy compliance.
- This position will assist the IT Compliance Sr Manager and Senior Compliance Analyst by working with the project teams to collect/create control design documentation and evidence of control performance.
- They will work with Controller team to ensure all existing business process control designs are updated.
- They will work with the testing team to ensure the controls are incorporated into the project testing scope.
- The Sr. Compliance Analyst may be requested to perform some of the testing and document test results.
- Applies knowledge of IT, Operations, Finance, and audit/SOX compliance to participate in controls design discussions and accurately document processes
- Documenting processes via process maps and flowcharts.
- Ensures in-scope risks and controls are identified in the project risk assessment during the planning phase and are appropriately evaluated and tested.
- Identifies key control points within a process/activity and develops test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the tested process and understanding of how interactions and control failures impact the business objective.
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of information relied upon throughout the testing process (e.g., flowcharts, risk assessment, workpapers, and report).
- Identifies developmental opportunities and provides timely, candid, and constructive feedback throughout the testing period.
- Discusses project expectations and communicates effectively throughout the testing engagement.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of process flow and risk assessment and provides meaningful guidance to all project teams.
- Testing and Evaluating Controls
- Executes control testing and ensures testing milestone dates are met and projects are completed on time.
- Evaluates testing results to ensure procedures and findings adequately address risks and expand testing procedures to address any new risks identified.
- Documents weakness in control design based on analysis performed and writes formal test result reports with the level of
- quality necessary for an executive audience.
- Assesses whether internal controls are properly designed, implemented, and working effectively.
- Facilitating Testing Processes and Communicating Results
- Manages relationships professionally by maintaining consistent dialog and open communications throughout the testing process.
- Hosts periodic updates to keep project team and management informed of status and any roadblocks.
- Provides timely feedback if documentation is not relevant, thorough, accurate, and/or adequately supported.
- Assists in the development of research skills and controls knowledge amongst team members. Coaches others on regulations impacting the process under review.
- Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations, looks for ways to improve their experience, while creating a seamless experience by understanding how the Sr. Compliance Analyst role, team goals, and daily activities fit into the company vision
- Drives for results by consistently achieving goals and pushing to complete tasks by their deadlines
- Works independently with limited supervision.
Collaboration with Others
- Works cross-functionally (across IT, Operations, Finance) to manage and organize work processes and ensure most efficient work flow
- Supports a collaborative environment by working in a team of peers to solve problems and shares information with peers, manager, and customers as appropriate
- Organizes resources and information in an efficient manner to handle competing demands and accomplish what needs to be done
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, IT, or similar field OR 4 years of work experience in IT, Finance or Audit function
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 1+ years of IT and Financial Controls audit (internal/external) experience or relevant business experience
- Demonstrated experience performing audits of IT and Financial controls
- CPA, CIA, PMP, CISSP, or CFE certifications
- PCI QSA or ISA
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus