IT Senior Technical Support Representative
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Senior Technical Support Representative – Direct Hire
(W2 Candidates only)
Ektello seeks a Tech Support Representative II that will work closely with internal and external clients to support our IT systems and ensure the highest level of customer service for our growing client in Farmington Hills, MI. The Tech Support Representative II will provide daily customer support related to our technical systems and perform daily system maintenance/monitoring to ensure optimal performance of the client’ s platforms. The Tech Support Representative II role requires a strong background in IT support and advanced knowledge of theirs and partner systems. The role is multi-faceted and offers an opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
They offer a collaborative, fast paced, and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor and manage issue ticketing systems and provide prompt resolutions for end users according to Service Level Agreements.
- Perform daily monitoring / reporting of the systems and their performance.
- Utilize an expert level knowledge of the client and partner systems to quickly triage, troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues and/or questions and escalate to development teams as necessary.
- Report issue trends to management.
- Present and demo the system capabilities to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining a Wiki of procedural, support and help documentation
- Assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of applications and other technologies.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Be available for some evening deployments and off hour on call rotation as needed.
- Regular communication with customer and attends customer support meetings as required
- Regular and consistent attendance and availability.
- Other duties may be assigned
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an IT Support role.
- Ability to query data using SQL or experience running SQL queries.
- Ability to analyze data and determine trends and/or inconsistencies.
- Automotive and/or Auto Auction experience is a plus.
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and/or a related field.
Job Knowledge and Skill:
Ability to provide the highest level of IT support for internal and external clients. Proven experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues while also providing the highest level of customer service. Proven experience utilizing Issue & Project Tracking software, and also an advanced knowledge of AiM and partner systems. Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day activities. The candidate must be detail oriented, highly focused, and very organized. They will need to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; and maintain excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish positive and effective working relationships.
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.). Proven experience utilizing Issue & Project Tracking software (i.e. JIRA, etc.). A strong understanding of computer and mobile systems, applications, etc.
Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with both external and internal customers, multiple teams and departments within the organization including IT, Operations, Quality & Training, and Dispatch. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required. Proven experience providing the highest level of customer service.
Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research. Ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues and the ability to think outside of the box to drive innovative solutions.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Direct Hire
Travel: Some light travel may be needed to Atlanta; Little to no travel required (Less than 10%).
- Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
- Regular employee events, including potlucks, birthday celebrations, MSU/UofM tailgate luncheons, and ice cream socials.
- Flexible work schedule - offers 1-day work-from-home to our IT staff after they complete 90 days