IT Software Developer
200 Talcott Avenue Watertown, MA 02472
Position: .Net Developer
Contract: 3 to 4 months starting early November.
Location: Must be able to be onsite in Watertown, MA 4 days a week.
- Develop new and support existing applications used by internal users as well as external clients and client employees.
- Through a variety of means, the Software Developer will translate business and technical requirements into business systems.
- Describe the major responsibilities of this job. If applicable, please include the number of employees supervised by this position.
- Design system enhancements and business process changes geared to drive best practices that improve efficiency of staff, accuracy of results, and usefulness of data.
- Critically evaluate business requirements, providing alternative solutions where applicable.
- Work in conjunction with outside vendors in a shared development environment
- Work with Application Support, QA, and development to support application issues, changes and modifications
- Proactively identify ways in which system and process changes can improve efficiency of key users, customer service, accuracy of results, and/or completeness of data.
- Act as a change agent to help ensure that the newly implemented system/process enhance the success of the project and increase the project’ s chance of meeting the business needs
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience required. Individual should have a minimum of 3 - 4 years related work experience.
- Strong communication skills are essential. Individual must be comfortable working with a variety of user groups at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking to analyze problems, document needs and communicate these needs to a variety of audiences.
- The individual must have a proven ability to understand business requirements in a variety of functional areas and the flexibility to adapt to new and changing information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage many competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a virtual collaborative environment
- 3 - 4 years of experience in .Net web application development.
- ASP.Net MVC framework experience is required.
- Skilled in using Microsoft SQL Server. Writing optimized SQL and following best practices for relational databases.
- Entity framework experience is a plus.
- Experience with maintaining and improving to an existing codebase, focusing on improving performance, scalability and user experience.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies.
- The individual must have a strong customer service philosophy and skills; thrive in a team environment as well as in an individual setting; demonstrate impeccable organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills; have a willingness to take on new projects; be a self-starter, highly motivated, results-driven and goal-oriented, comfortable setting aggressive goals and exceeding them.