Infotainment Application Software Engineer - Android/Java/ Kotlin
29755 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Infotainment Application Software Engineer - Android/Java/ Kotlin (W2 Only)
- Develop code in multiple languages like C/C++, Java, and Kotlin to test components code
- Develop scripts using automotive Controller Area Network tools.
- Do code reviews and act as a gate before code is merged to mainline.
- Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned software projects.
- Good understanding on various test frameworks in Android and QNX
- Work with the test lead, project management, and engineering teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Create and update test plan, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements.
- Develop and execute test scripts and test cases across multiple platforms and builds.
- Report and log issues into a bug tracking system, including track files and necessary steps to recreate.
- Work to ensure assigned testing tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure status and communication reports are detailed, comprehensive, and accurate.
- Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures.
- Display excellent customer service with customers.
- In vehicle testing.
Must have technological experience for candidates
- Android Platform coding experience with good understanding of Android Architecture
- Hands on experience building Android platform from source
- Automotive Infotainment Experience including multiple tools used to test vehicle Controller Area Network Busses
Good to have skills
- Development on QNX platform
- Microcontroller development experience. Knowledge on AUTOSAR is good to have.
- Minimum 3 years of Experience
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering in Computers or Electrical
- Experience with Microcontroller architecture and programming
- Experience with Android architecture and programming
- Experience working with automotive tools
Location: Warren, MI (Candidate will start working remotely until team is approved to return to the office. Candidates should be local and able to return on-site once directed.)
Duration: 12+ month W2 Contract
Work Hours: Candidate will start working a max of 32 hours per week, until full 40 hours approved.
Work Schedule: 1st shift - hours can be flexible. Typical core hours are 8-4/9-5
Driving Record: Driving a GM Vehicle - Candidates must be 21 years of age or older and a licensed driver