Infotainment Application Software Engineer - Java / C++ / Android
29755 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Infotainment Application Software Engineer – Java/C++/Android (W2 Only)
- Supporting a team of 20-30 software developers
- Design and develop Android based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for OEM vehicle infotainment systems.
- Follow our software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability, and security.
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case reviews to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Work closely with various Infotainment teams to support triage and resolution of system issue
- Bachelor' s degree; preferably in Computer Science
- 3-5 years in software development, specifically Java Programming
- Development experience with Android frameworks (service, JNI, native service, HAL, etc.), familiar with Android local unit tests and instrumented tests.
- Software design and implementation experience in an object-oriented environment
- Commercial software development experience with Java, C++, or C
- Exposure to SCM tools such as: Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics, or navigation systems a plus
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance the usability of complex systems is a plus
- Experience in communication network protocols like CAN, UART, SPI
- Experience with script languages such as Python, Perl or Shell will be a plus.
- Agile experience a plus
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
Location: Warren, MI (Candidate will start working remote until team is returned to the office. Candidates are expected to be able to join on-site once requested.)
Duration: 12+ month W2 contract
Work Schedule: Standard working schedule. Hours can be flexible, as long as team core hours are supported (10AM-3PM).