Infotainment Applications Architect
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Infotainment Applications Architect
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for an Infotainment Application Architect for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Feasibility analysis, alternate solution identification and evaluation, including Proof-of-concept development in order to help determine feasibility and provide estimates and timelines to build new applications or complete application or framework enhancements.
- Define the technical architecture and solutions based on object-oriented design patterns and best practices.
- Collaborate with other architects on other teams to ensure that the overall solution is world-class, to sign off on designs by other architects to indicate that they will meet our needs, and provide recommendations of improvements to both the overall solution and/or individual components in the solution.
- Research and design new solutions, including both existing and emerging technologies to help deliver rapidly evolving downloadable applications.
- Document technical designs, best practices, framework testing strategies, code reviews and development process for various app framework projects.
- Work as part of the technology team to efficiently work in a fast-paced, collaborative, iterative agile development environment.
- Act as the subject matter expert on the applications which you are responsible for.
- Write stories to break up large technical implementations into small manageable pieces for the development team to implement.
- Test current solutions, both on a bench and in a vehicle, to identify issues and better analyze solution alternatives.
- Gather future ideas for enhancements to make the framework and ecosystem even more attractive and capable to support innovative apps for our client' s Infotainment systems.
- Experience as a Software Developer.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architectures.
- Experience developing for mobile devices, especially mobile apps that consume cloud APIs.
- Experience and strong knowledge of the Android operating system, including the low-level OS operation, application design and development, and proven Android design patterns.
- Familiar with short-range wireless consumer electronic devices, their interfaces, and security issues/solutions.
- Minimum 5 years software development experience including 2 years of combined Android and/or Java and/or HTML programming experience.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Candidate should have BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Prefer advanced degree in related field.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP methods such as Test-Driven Development and pair programming.
- Infotainment and/or telematics experience.