29755 Louis Chevrolet Rd. - VEC Warren, MI 48093
Android / JAVA HMI / UX Software Developer - Senior (#6607)
The UX Infotainment Software Group works translates high-level requirements and digital storyboards into interaction flows and artifacts to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces for the OEM vehicle infotainment systems.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Design and Development of In-Vehicle Infotainment HMI software.
- Create reusable software components and standard interfaces for development of HMI software using Java/Android.
- Participate in a midsize, cross-functional team whose primary focus is UI, Embedded development as it relates to Human-Machine Interfaces.
- Use Android Studio tools and XML guidelines for visualizing, specifying, constructing and documenting the User Interface.
- Participation on the workshops and deep dives on the initial UI software design requirements.
- Assist in the performance testing of the HMI systems by helping in defining the testing scenarios to the customer and helping the team in identifying the performance bottlenecks.
- Support for user acceptance testing, coordinate with internal development and customer support teams to define and drive customer expectations and deliverables.
- Mentor development of early career engineers
- Provide project leadership
Qualifications – External
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, information technology, math, physics, or any engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a UX software development role
- Strong understanding of Android user interface definition
- Comfortable with image manipulation tools to extract design images
- Ability to debug and understand Android application software
- Comfortable working on an embedded system
- Experience with Android Studio and the following tools: Git, Gerrit, Beyond Compare, Photoshop
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)