Infotainment Validation Engineer
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Lead Cross-Functional E2E Infotainment/Telematics Feature Validation (#6822)
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, define and drive Infotainment validation execution to ensure flawless launch of new connected features/functions
- Define and drive global, E2E in-region Infotainment validation execution to ensure consistent, robust, and thoughtful rollout of Infotainment products and services that meet performance expectations
- Participate in feature/system technical reviews and guide, consult, drive, and help author Test Procedure
- Track upcoming Back-Office releases, IT change requests and new feature content roll out to assess validation impacts
- Mentor and coach validation team in all aspects of connected Infotainment/Telematics domain validation
- Support automation initiatives and develop automation strategy for current/future projects
- Lead defect resolution and triage meetings as required
- Execute test cases and generate daily/weekly execution status reports
- Perform risk assessment and come up with risk mitigation plan/strategy to meet tight deadlines
- Responsible for executing test procedures for Telematics and Connected Infotainment products and features.
- Understanding of the Vehicle Development Process
- Working knowledge of Performance Integration and Infotainment systems.
- Ability to work with various tool tracking mechanisms to open issues.
- Analytical and program coordination problem solving skills is a plus.
- Preferably with some or in-depth knowledge in Bluetooth, WIFI and TCP layer protocols.
- Working knowledge of Performance Integration related applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediate level)
- Understanding of engineering concepts and proficiency in project planning preferred.
- Ability to apply understanding of automotive engineering terms.
- Ability to work independently with specific direction and make decisions based on general practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including global partners
- Preferred up to 2 years' related work experience
Required Education /Licenses
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering a must; Master of Science in Engineering preferred
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis (Must have a valid Driver’ s License)
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)