Infrastructure Data Center SME
100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, CA 91618
Infrastructure Specialist - 12 month W2 Contract to HIRE
Want to work with one of the world' s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you an Infrastructure Specialist looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for Infrastructure Specialist for one of our top multimedia clients in Universal City, CA. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING
This role is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will input all IT based design criteria to the construction teams. The role will not be within the Data Center, but be contributing to the design and planning of Data Center construction.
- A normal day consists of several design meetings with our construction teams.
- The Sr. Specialist will be asked to review construction documents and verify low voltage details.
- These details include length of cable runs; number of IDF’ s needed to support all the network drops required; verification of cooling and power for said IDF’ s; conduit pathway plans and size requirements. In additional to the low voltage sign off, they’ ll be asked about fiber, things like types; counts; termination types; and conduit size requirements.
- For the IDF’ s they’ ll have to provide size of the room, placement of the cabinet, clearances required, etc.
- In addition to sitting in these meetings, they’ ll spend time out on active job sites, verifying that the install and construction is happening as per the plans during the design phase.
- Finally, the Sr. Specialist will spend time reviewing with other teams (network, server, cable installers, etc.) project status, requirements, standards, and other relevant information.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience in running low voltage cable
- Understanding of low voltage and fiber standards
- Understanding of general construction processes and interaction on job sites
- Ability to articulate the need in business terms but also in field terms