Interactive Art Director
3300 Publix Corporate Lakeland, FL 33802
ektello is looking for the best of the best candidates for an Interactive Art Director in Lakeland for one of our top retail clients. Our client is a supermarket chain that is the largest employee-owned company in the world with locations in several states across America. Our client prides itself on customer and employee satisfaction and is well known for being one of the best places in Florida to work!
Our Marketing team is looking for an Interactive Art Director to concept and design customer-centric user experiences and user interfaces for all customer facing digital properties which include websites, mobile apps and in-store digital experiences.
The Interactive Art Director leads development and design teams to produce web and app experiences that are practical, useful, delightful, and consistent with the superior customer service experiences associated with our brand.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic design and user-experience decisions to improve existing features and create new ones based on strategic business and marketing objectives
- Creates the overall user interface design strategy (the visual elements of the design)
- Directs photographers, illustrators, and Interactive Designers as required to create design assets
- Advises Brand Marketing and Channel Marketing managers on UX/UI considerations relative to their marketing projects
- Training and mentors Interactive Designers
- Lead copywriter and interactive designers in creative digital & interactive projects
- Pitch concepts and projects and work with internal stakeholders to drive the projects forward
- Reviews and approves the work of Interactive Designers to ensure work follows the user experience and user interface patterns set by the Interactive Art Director
- Reviews and approves final photography and illustrations to ensure consistency with established user interface design patterns
- Bachelor' s Degree in graphics/communication field
- 3+ years experience in art direction and 2+ years of experience in graphic design
- Experience with one or more of these tools - Sketch, Adobe XD, InVIsion
- Knowledge of art direction process to effectively direct creative resources in the production process
- Experience leading a team of interactive designers, copywriters and working with a creative project manager
- Knowledge of design process to create mechanicals and art direct both internal and external resources in the execution of concepts
- Knowledge of Marketing department workflow processes and project lifecycles
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
- Strong designer who can speak to developers and knowledge to collaborate with development team.
- Working within an agile environment, Participate in and lead: User testing, design sprints, rapid prototyping, and the development of a full design system and toolkit.
- Experience creating and pitching concepts to executives
- Ability to creatively convey information in an engaging and relevant way
- Ability to evaluate creative work for effectiveness against established creative strategies and objectives
- Skilled in concepting a variety of visual elements
- Highly skilled in typography, layout and composition
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time