Interactive Web Designer
15 Sylvan Way Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Interactive Web Designer
The hotel, hospitality and vacation industry in Parsippany, New Jersey is booming! Now is the time to land your dream career in this exciting, fast paced industry!
ektello is looking for talent to fill our Interactive Web Designer for one of our top hotel, timeshare and resort clients in Parsippany, New Jersey. Our client boasts multiple hotels and resorts locations in more than several countries.
Working under the UX Lead, the Interactive Web Designer will develop designs and design approaches that meet business goals while using best practices and current trends. Position requires a thorough understanding of digital media and web design, excellent communication skills, and the ability to present concepts to internal and external groups and articulate how proposed designs track back to business goals.
- Create user interface design, architecture, and functionality according to usability best practices, standards-compliant design, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Support the eCommerce and Creative teams with research to identify current trends and best practices that might influence design decisions for specific projects.
- Work closely with UX Lead to understand project requirements and execute project design deliverables.
- Identify how the success of proposed designs for a given project should be measured (via Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, user interviews, etc.).
- Assist the team in preparing presentation materials and ensure that the overall experience meets brand standards.
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and propose new technology solutions to the team.
- Create work within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Guide the team in producing creative and impactful solutions through ideation, leadership and regular feedback and critique.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Architects, Developers and other team members to determine the optimum user interface design, workflow and functionality.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other design tools.
- Experience coding responsive HTML.
- Proficiency in modern HTML/CSS.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have professional experience collaborating in agile.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and incorporate feedback creatively.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.