10400 Northeast 4th Street Bellevue, WA 98004
The eComm SCM Inventory Manager Manager is responsible for ensuring Categories have the right amount of inventory on hand; mitigating risk of overstock and aged, and minimizing out of stocks and missed promises. Understanding variables such as demand-variability, supply-reliability and lead times will enable the candidate to calculate the right amount of inventory to hold. This roles requires working closely with SCM Demand Planning, SEA SCM, PI, Fulfillment, 3PLs, Finance. The eComm SCM Inventory Manager will participate in processes like CPFR develop consensus supply forecasts and track accuracy of commitments. The eCommerce Inventory Manager will design and execute strategic objectives, define data and reporting requirements and process improvements to scale management of the eCommerce business and enhance the customer experience.
1. Use statistical analysis to develop standard deviation profiles by SKU and product Family, measure supply accuracy, develop tiered Z-Scores for ideal safety stock calculations.
2. Partner with Demand and Supply Planners to ensure product allocations and supply commitments are honored for the eComm channel.
3. Develop strategies to mitigate risk, prevent obsolescence and aged inventory through standardized reporting and collaboration with Category Management, Marketing, and Finance to solve for stranded inventory.
4. Clearly articulate supply strategy and be accountable for WOS, Aged, and Holding Costs.
5. Measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate demand-variability, supply-reliability and lead-time variability to inform SKU-specific inventory models.
6. Participate in weekly CPFR processes with internal partners
7. Track inbound status in SAP and other tools to improve visibility and get more accurate on Customer Promise Messaging on Samsung.com.
8. Work with our Supply Chain team and category managers on improving backorder, EOL, replacement, and order exceptions to pro-actively prevent order issues
9. Create documentation and standard operating procedure documents
10. Develop requirements for reporting, forecast automation, and process features
11. Partner with data scientists to develop and improve forecast automation
12. Monitor and take action on exception reporting, weekly business reviews and KPIs
13. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders
a Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce business processes and best practices, in order to inform decision-making processes
b Responsibility for eCommerce supply forecasting, managed in a manner so as to ensure attainment of revenue goals and to optimize customer satisfaction, while mitigating costs.
a Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce business practices and operations is highly desirable.
b Experience in leading eCommerce supply chain management function, preferably within an IR500 retailer, is required.
c Extreme attention to detail is required.
d Ability to clearly articulate assumptions and risks is required.
e Statistical forecasting experience is required
f Customer focus is critical.
i Ability to navigate the Samsung organization to gather information, elicit feedback, gain buy-in, and engage others in B2C activities.
j Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
k Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
l Ability to form strategic relationships and collaborate across teams.
m Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must be able to manage multiple projects and often competing priorities.
a 5 - 7 years of equivalent work experience required.
b College degree required.
c Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite.
d Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
e Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
f Supply chain experience, with a focus on forecasting and inventory management, preferably within an eCommerce business.
g Prior experience in a consumer electronics manufacturer and/or retailer strongly preferred.
h Strong knowledge of eCommerce best practices and trends;