13201 McCallen Pass Austin, TX 78753
About the Role
- The Java Developer writes the code to build and support automotive systems, applications, and platforms.
- This Java Developer role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible for designing and creating code in an Agile fashion.
- The Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications.
- This role will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting requirements.
- Each Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment.
- The Java Developer understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter.
- Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Java Developer.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
- Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- A bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline
- 4+ years Java development experience
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in Java and at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches.
- A master’ s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
- Additional Qualifications (Bonus Points):
- Previous experience working on small, focused development teams
- Extensive experience with CMS systems including Drupal, Sling, Jackrabbit/Oak
- Previous experience working in Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe CQ, Adobe CQ5, Day CQ, Day CRX, Day Communique WCM experience
Location: Austin, TX 78753
Duration: 9 Month Contract - need to be able to covert direct