13201 McCallen Pass Austin, TX 78753
About the Role:
The Java Developer writes the code to build and support the client’ s systems, applications, and platforms. This Java Developer role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible for designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications and will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis, as well as ensure that designs and quality are meeting requirements. The Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment and they understand the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Java Developer.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
- Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- A bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline
- 4+ years Java development experience
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in Java and at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches.
- Experience with SOAP and REST calls
- A master’ s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
- Additional Qualifications (Bonus Points):
- Previous experience working on small, focused development teams
- Extensive experience with CMS systems including Drupal, Sling, Jackrabbit/Oak
- Previous experience working in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe CQ, Adobe CQ5, Day CQ, Day CRX, Day Communique
- Web Content Management (WCM) experience / Spring Web Services
- Able to work with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Go-getter attitude
- Experience in customer facing role is a plus
Work Status: Must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship (US Citizen or Permanent Resident only) on ektello' s W2.
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: Contract is written through the end of 2019, with a high expectation that it will extend into 2020.
Work Schedule: Must sit on site 8AM-5PM Mon-Fri