417 East 68th Street New York, New York 10065
Bioinformatics Software Engineer II
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Bioinformatics Software Engineer II in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer II to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
- Take part in the developing cutting-edge software systems for clinical diagnostics and to support existing clinical bioinformatics software.
- Work on full-stack components for various clinical bioinformatics software system, especially Sapio Exemplar LIMS.
- Implement and follow the best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and deployment.
- Develop and maintain clinical bioinformatics databases which uses MySQL, MongoDB, GraphDB, and hybrid technologies. Be willing to learn and implement efficient database design methodologies.
- Take part in technical discussions including but not limited to code reviews, and build/release management.
- Work with UNIX systems administrator to configure new and existing software packages for security, performance and maintainability, working at the command line in UNIX/LINUX.
- Participate in building proper production, development, and integration environments and assists in unit/functional, regression, and system testing.
- Develop and maintain software systems that interface with other departmental and/or institutional systems through RESTful APIs, web interfaces, and socket based client/servers.
- Participate in designing and developing department-wide messaging queue, enterprise search platforms, and other enterprise-level informatics systems.
- Candidates with experience developing with Sapio Exemplar LIMS highly desired.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric products
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment solving for complex problems, consistently achieving results, even under tough situations.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around problems.
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- Bachelor’ s Degree with 4 years of computer and sequencing data experience. Master’ s degree with 2 years experience preferred.
- Next generation sequencing and cancer genetics familiarity preferred but not required. Sapio Exemplar LIMS highly desired.
- Experience with building front end data visualization portals, high volume data processing, messaging queues, and enterprise search engines is desirable
- Cross-disciplinary and strong analytical skills as well as broad experience using computational methods, databases, software and hardware.